Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bomb Shelter Reader's Advisory, Part 2

Sudoku. And I agree that it's a conspiracy! But I do love playing the game...online and with the hints on. :) On Monday's, it's the easiest so I can get that feeling of accomplishment in minutes while on Friday's, it's the hardest, when I have more time on my hands or don't want to be too productive very quickly.

I want to add to the reading list too!
  1. Summer of the Apocalypse by James Van Pelt...takes place in Denver of all places! Great story and definitely worth reading when the world around us is falling apart.
  2. Lord of the Flies...I will always feel like a kid and I think this book could teach us some lessons, you never know.
  3. Farmer's Almanac...it would depend on what sent us to the shelter (i.e. bombing, disease, etc.) but this could prove useful.

What would you take to a shelter? I would like to think we would take a mixture of books to read for fun (to pass the time) and books that will help us rebuild society. Hopefully, libraries would survive and be intact when we emerge from the shelter, giving us even more resources...but you never know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay okay, you have sparked my interest in this whole shelter thing. BUT, you have yet to address perhaps one of the most crucial aspects of a successful healthy shelter. Where we gonna poo, and where in the heck is it going?!